07 Feb Here is a Step-by-step Guide to the Raincoat Manufacturing Process
A raincoat is a waterproof or water-resistant suit worn to protect the body from rain. Modern-day raincoats made by raincoat manufacturers in India come in many varieties of fabrics, styles, and colors. Raincoats are mainly used by people who want to keep their entire body dry while traveling in rainy conditions. Hence, they are popular amongst students and office workers. If you want to choose the best men’s raincoat, you need to know what you are looking for. Here is a step-by-step description of the manufacturing of raincoats that can help you know about its essential features.
The Following Steps are Followed During the Manufacturing Process of Raincoats:
- Selection of raw materials: The primary material in a raincoat is fabric. The feature of the fabric selected by the raincoat manufacturers in India is to repel water from the rain. Generally, the fabric of a raincoat is made from the following materials like cotton, polyester, nylon, and rayon. Some raincoats are also made from wool, wool gabardine, vinyl, microfibers, and high-tech fabrics. If the fabric is not waterproof, they are coated with a layer of waterproofing substance like resin, pyridinium or melamine complexes, polyurethane, acrylic, fluorine, or Teflon.
- Choosing the design: People always like raincoat designs that can make them stand out from the crowd. Hence the raincoat manufacturers in India need to consider the changes in the season and current fashion trends while selecting an appropriate raincoat design. For a more mellow look, transparent raincoats are also an ideal choice because of their see-through nature. Fabrics, lengths, cut and looks are important as they appeal to the style of the user. For selecting the best men’s raincoat or for other members of your family, you need to choose an appropriately styled raincoat for use.
- The Manufacturing Process: A raincoat is manufactured in the following stages:
i. Waterproofing the fabric: If the raincoat company is not using a waterproof fabric, they need to apply a layer of waterproof material on it. The fabric is passed through a series of rollers which then follows into a tank of waterproof material. This fabric is then used for manufacturing raincoats as it can repel moisture now.
ii. Cutting the fabric: Irrespective of the type of raincoat that is being manufactured (like a poncho, trench, or transparent raincoats), the pieces that make the body of the raincoat are cut by a computer-operated cutter for more precise measurements. The fabric is cut according to patterns required for the specific design and size the raincoat will be made in.
iii. Interlining of raincoat parts: Collars, cuffs, front facings, sleeve straps, belts, and pocket welts are interlined to make them stiffer. They have an interlining material put inside the appropriate parts which are then fused by an automated fusing machine. The fusing process uses high heat and pressure to ensure that the interlining is completed successfully.
iv. Sewing up the parts: The workforce of the raincoat and umbrella manufacturers then uses an industrial sewing machine operator to sew all the small parts of the raincoat together. The facings are set to the front edges of the raincoat fabric so which makes the outside layer. This part is also completed by a worker using an industrial sewing machine. Similarly, the large parts of the raincoat are also assembled and sewed together in this stage. Most large parts come in pairs and are sewed together one side at a time.
v. On a separate line in the raincoat factory, an automated machine makes button-holes and sews the buttons on the raincoat. These are also important as they help to fasten the raincoat.
vi. Finally, the trim, sleeves, and belts of the raincoat are sewn on by hand onto the raincoat.
vii. After this, the finished product from the raincoat and umbrella manufacturers is examined by an inspector for quality control purposes. If the product passes the quality guidelines it is sent for storage and then subsequently packed and shipped to the buyers.
These are the key steps that are followed during the manufacturing process of raincoats. If you want to know more details regarding these methods, reach out to your local raincoat suppliers.
ALSO, READ OUR NEW UPDATES
- Why Carrying a Raincoat is Necessary When You Go Outside?
- How do promotional umbrellas perform as unique gift items?
- Promotional Umbrellas Can be Used to Accessorize Any Outfit!
- How Do Classic Black Umbrellas Impact Brand Promotions?
- Why Promotional Umbrellas are Popular Among Both Brands and Customers?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.